Pages

24 Mar 2012

Doodle Dreams - Valuable Toes



I recently was thinking about dreams and how strange they can be. You almost live a double life in your head, hopping from one strange situation to the next. My head, in particular, has seen me sit in the clouds with dinosaurs, be a part of a bicycle gang and be chased by dog, Resident Evil-style. I can't watch the Predator films because Predator freaks me out now after chasing me in a dream!

Some people see meanings in dreams, thinking that certain aspects are reflections on life that manifest into these crazy visions. I personally, do not believe in such things, the same way I do not believe in horoscopes. I definitely do think you can influence a dream. For example, I spent a whole day playing Tomb Raider once, that same night, I was raiding tombs myself!!

So, the craziness of my dreams has made me decide to share! The nature of my blog makes it perfect for describing things when words are not enough! So, there will be a series of these posts entitled Doodle Dreams. Here is the first:


Valuable Toes!

And so begins my dream.. Well, this is a nightmare so if you have a phobia of spoons or dogs, I would advise you to stop reading now! If you are normal however, you should still be reading...... good!

The setting in a beginning is a multi-storey house. It is supposed to be my house, with extra floors and a distinct lack of furniture. Two people are chasing me!! A guy and a girl, armed with spoons are chasing me! 

Why do they have spoons? Why go through the trouble of chasing me using trapdoors in the floor?




TO CUT OFF MY TOES!



Yes, they want my toes. For some reason, whether it is revenge or to sell on the black market, my toes needed cutting off with table spoons. Scary stuff!!!




So I eventually (after too long) find my way out of my house and I make a run for it.





At this point, my brother randomly joins me in running away. At no other point had he been in this dream. So, as is always the case in dreams, we are running about as fast as a slug. A sleeping slug. I turn to my brother, to check he is still with me....




HE HAS TURNED INTO A CAT!

A tabby cat if we want to be specific. At this point, I'm VERY freaked out but then I remember: I'm running for my life!!...... I carry on and finally reach the top of my street. A leg numbing 100 metres from my house.





I reach my neighbours house and am about to run into the house in hopes of salvation when something catches my eye. Something green, in the window, looking down at me.




Bright green and glowing like a firefly, sits a fluorescent bloodhound. It doesn't even look scary, the fact that this thing was glowing, was enough to make me decide against entering and continue running. 

I run out of my street and reach the main road. Bear in mind it is late at night and no one is on the roads. I set my sight on the shiny phonebox across the road and aim my running in that direction. This was going to be what saved me from the spoon-wielding couple and the glowing dog. I run. Fast!


CRUUUUUUUNCH!!!!!





Brilliant. Just when I thought things would be ok for me, a giant lorry decides that, on this quiet long stretch of road, to veer off and crash into that same phonebox that my life depended on. Sucks to be me at the point huh?




It turns out that this lorry contained what easily could have been a years supply of Fanta! Cans and bottles go spilling across the floor and there, sadly, my dream ends.

That's the thing with dreams, they just end suddenly and leave you with a plethora of questions, letting your imagination create an ending.

I would like to think that my brother joins me, licks up the Fanta which magically changes him back as I use my mechanical skills to fix the lorry and we both drive off... into the sunrise. 


How lovely!!


ZEE END.


12 comments:

  1. Haha, awesome dream. Except for the toes part... o_0

    Check out my blog! http://justateenwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the toes part was pretty scary. I can't imagine having toes cut off by a blunt spoon is painless... o.O

      Delete
  2. Very funny. Nice to read about your dream. The drawings are pretty hilarious as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think this is definitely going to be a more regular feature. :D

      Delete
  3. Love it! Dreams is an interesting subject and I love how you mentioned that how we wake up in the middle of our dreams and we tend to later use our imagination to create an ending, that is so true!!!
    Best part about dreams is that sometimes they seems so real that you want to take a few moments to think whether it was real or not even though most of the stuff that happened is just impossible to ever happen in real life!^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I've had many dreams where my boyfriend has cheated on me and I've woken up with rage! He said he has had dreams where I died and he immediately called me to see if I were ok!!

      Delete
  4. Why would anybody want to cut off your cute little toes period?

    Dreams can tell us something if we have a brain to decipher them.

    Some dreams are warnings and can give you a heads up on how to counteract the warning and yes you can also direct the outcome.

    If you're able to do both, you don't need Miss Cleo's psychic readings and they're more accurate.

    Your post and cartoons are hilarious, you might want to consider creating coffee mugs, t-shirts, postcards, etc via Cafepress dot com, you can offer them for sale on your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I've never really thought about making merchandise for the blog, I didn't think it would be popular enough/the doodles good enough. I will keep it in mind for the future, depending how well the blog continues to do. :)

      Delete
  5. Green toes, red thumbs. Some people have 'green thumbs.' But, your drivers are all thumbs when they crash without cause. The pup up in the window reminds me of a green thumb. Are you in the 'green thumb' stage of writing and drawing? Great. Keep it up! If anything more 'crashes down upon you' -creatively -and you blog it, well, email me: iskypemyenglish@gmail.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That running through sludge? Bang-on. Also, your picture of a chopped-off toe had a very convincing gruesome feel to it. I shuddered!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all let me just say, you have weird dreams! but then again who doesn't?

    Secondly, when you said: "Some people see meanings in dreams, thinking that certain aspects are reflections on life that manifest into these crazy visions."

    Totally agree with you they are either deranged or idiots.

    anyways, other than that, I really enjoyed the read :)
    oh and the drawings too!
    I'll be back! (Arnold Schwarzenegger style... and yes I did have to look up how to spell that name!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awaiting your dream posts in A to Z challenge

    Welcome to the challenge. A fellow participant

    NRao
    http://nraombakc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete